Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Swimming with Sharks & Biting the Heads off of Goldfish


Me (accidentally) to all 200 students in my class: "Hi Adrienne - I owe Kaplan money, but I'm not sure how much. How do I go about finding out? Thanks, M"

One of my classmates, "X": "
Hey M: Just wanted to let you know you emailed the whole class of 2008. ~X."

Me, being an asshole: "
Hi X: I found that out when, as a member of the class of 2008 (indicated in my automatic signature, below), I received my own email. But I imagine you knew that already. ~M"

X, killing with kindness: "
M: Thank you for the well thought-out reply. However, I was just trying to be nice and let you know. Normally I would assume you were correct in what you "imagined", but since you sent it in the first place, I figured that you, again, might have over-look the email. BTW, I actually thought you were another M. ~X"

Me, pulling my head out of my ass: "
Hi X: I apologize for not giving you the benefit of the doubt regarding your intention. ~M"

X, being great with me: "
Hey M, It's okay. I should have added a "LOL." Take care. ~X"
Me, grateful for X's efforts to generate world peace: "Thank you. I had a rough week, I took it out on you, and you were sweet in return. I truly appreciate it. I have no idea who you are, but I look forward to meeting you. M"